HARIO V60 Drip Kettle
This ever popular kettle is the perfect tool for making great V60 pour over coffee due to its gooseneck spout which allows better control of flow rate. A high quality piece from Hario, perfect for domestic use.
- Material: stainless steel
- Full capacity: 1.2L
- Recommended capacity: 800ml
- Type: hob top (gas or electric)
- Easy grip handle
How Do I Use the Hario V60?
For coffee brewing using the Hario V60, it is recommended that users pour 100ml of hot water over 6 to 8g of coffee grounds.
This can be changed depending on the strength and flavour of coffee that you require. For this reason, brewing with the V60 gives coffee lovers the freedom to create a cup that they can truly enjoy.
As a V60 user, you also have complete freedom to control the speed of filtration depending on how strong and full-bodied you prefer your brew; the brew time has a large effect on the taste of your coffee. Manually pouring hot water over the V60 filter at a slow pace will allow more coffee ground to infuse, delivering a fuller-bodied coffee. A faster pace to pour hot water will give the coffee less chance to infuse, delivering a lighter and less intense brew.
- Fold a filter into a cone and place it in the Hario V60 dripper.
- Rinse out the filter by pouring boiling water over it, but make sure you remove any excess liquid that ends up in the cup.
- Measure out your coffee and place it inside the coffee filter.
- Make your coffee bloom by starting a timer for 30 seconds, and carefully pouring hot water over the top of the coffee grounds in circular motions, until the coffee is just about covered.
- Wait for 60 seconds and then continue pouring hot water over the coffee until the filter is about 3/4 full.
- Allow the liquid to drip through the filter and brew for around 2 to 3 minutes
- Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
This product has no reviews yet.